Our team of Year 9 teachers has been committed to working closely with one another, to ensure students are set for success. We thank you for partnering with us on your child’s learning journey these past three terms. Term 3 has flown by quickly. Effective communication is crucial to your child’s learning. Please don’t hesitate to contact the class teacher for any enquiries or concerns you may have. This has been a very busy term. We have been unpacking what respect looks like in our school community within the class, on the playground and at home. Our goal as teachers and students have been to honour one another in our words and actions.
Some areas we encourage you to partner with us and your child is to:
- Build supportive relationships with them and work hard to maintain these when circumstances are difficult.
- Communicate the value of education and the importance of schooling.
- Encourage educational aspirations and career goals; make plans with them for their future.
- Regularly ask what they are learning and doing at school, and praise real effort and achievements.
- Take an interest in homework, provide help where needed and offer encouragement and support for children to solve problems for themselves.
- Have high expectations for their academic success and their behaviour.
- Encourage physical activity and set reasonable boundaries for television, electronic games and online socialising.
- Engage children in meaningful conversations about everyday life and topical issues, and encourage critical thinking and the development of ideas.
- Have positive interactions with teachers; share knowledge, ideas and concerns.
- Participate in class-based, year level or co-curricular activities to show support for your child’s learning at school and build relationships with teachers and other parents
Teenagers need at least eight to ten hours a day of sleep, to facilitate their growth, learning and development. Getting a solid night’s sleep can make your child happier, help them concentrate and improve their behaviour. For this age group the recommended sleep for their age is 8 to 10 hours.
May you have a wonderful, refreshing, well deserved holiday break with your children. We look forward to Term 4 and continue to thank our God for such a marvelous Term 3.
“The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.” Numbers 6:24-26
Year 9 Student Wellbeing Coordinator