Year 12 Business students kicked off Term 3 with a trip to Westfield Garden City Shopping Centre. The purpose of the day was as follows:
- Identify retail outlets that have experienced or are experiencing significant change, including closure in some cases, as a result of the COVID crisis
- Consider the impact of COVID on the internal and external factors of the business world and the impact on the economy
- Identify business’s overall position in the market
- Recognise effective branding
- Identify competitors that pose a potential threat to similar businesses
- Evaluate opportunities for growth and advancement in the market
- Critically analyse David Jones department store to determine factors that may have contributed to the iconic stores unfortunate decline in profits over the last 5 years, and consider strategies the business managers could implement in the attempt to return to a more steady state.
Students also enjoyed some time shopping and having lunch together.