Welcome back to a new school semester. It was great to see so many eager students as they returned back to school this week.
As we start the new term, our routines begin to fall back in place. As parents, we often find ourselves questioning how we can support our children at home. Most of the time it can be small things that make a big difference, such as:
- Stay positive. Keep a relationship with your child that is open, respectful and positive. Remind yourself that you and your child are on the same team.
- Incorporate the “When you” rule. Enforce this rule and stick to it. If your child does not yet have the necessary discipline, this will help to create it.
- Create structure for your child.
- Meet/communicate with your child’s teacher. Staying connected is important.
- Identify a study spot with limited distractions.
- Break assignments/homework into manageable pieces. Help your child to break down their assignments into smaller pieces and organise on a calendar what they should get done each day.
- Be firm and consistent with homework rules. This builds discipline for further study and learning.
I pray for a successful term for all of our students and we look forward to celebrating our students’ achievements throughout the months ahead.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7
Head of College