As the COVID-19 virus regulations and recommendations continues to be updated, we want to inform families of the current situation regarding all sporting matters for the College.
As it stands, the following applies to students:
- All inter-school sport games and training for Tuesday (Middle Phase), Wednesday (Senior Phase) and Friday (Intermediate Phase) have been postponed until further notice. This directive has come from the district.
- All Logan District Sporting trials for teams and individuals have been postponed until further notice. If your child has been invited or shown interest to participate in Logan District Sporting Trials which are outside of school time, these will not take place.
- All CSSAQ (Christian School Sport Association of Queensland) events are postponed until further notice.
- All sports training held within the College on a weekly basis is postponed until further notice.
- Athletics events due to be held on the last day of Term 1 (April 3) for 100m, Javelin and Triple Jump are postponed until further notice.
- SEQ Finals for U19 Girls due to be held this Friday, March 20 have been postponed until further notice.
- Rugby Development Program on Wednesday afternoons for Secondary students has been postponed until further notice.
During this time, the health of individuals takes precedence over sporting achievements. Please support your students and the College by making your family’s health the priority over sport.
Once we have been updated about the return of sporting events, this will be communicated to families.
We thank you for your ongoing support and partnering with us during this time.
Sam Priestley and Anthony Matthews
Sports Coordinators: Secondary and Primary