Are you ready to make a difference in a learning community where the expression of your Christian faith is essential to your work? Jesus’ message of forgiveness and purpose shines brightly within our vibrant and happy college. As a result, we continue to grow, therefore, we are putting out the call for others to join our team.
We welcome families from all sectors of the community who seek a Christian education for their children. Groves Christian College celebrates the rich diverse cultural heritage that forms modern Australia. Our E.L.C., K-12 Day School, and Trade Training Centre are located across two modern campuses, and our Distance Education School serves students throughout Queensland.
We offer colleagues the opportunity to grow in a mentored and caring environment. Commitment to a church and the ethos of Christian education is essential. The wellbeing and vocational advancement of colleagues continues to be an integral part of our mission as we develop a healthy and sustainable ministry together. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and young people. Mandatory screening around suitability to work with children applies to every position.
All applicants must be:
• an Australian Citizen or
• a permanent resident or
• have an appropriate permit to work in Australia
All applicants need to be able to provide:
- a current Working with Children Check (Blue Card)
- a current First Aid Certificate (HLTAID004 Provide Advanced First Aid)
Kick start your career with this opportunity to complete a Business Administration traineeship. Groves is currently seeking applications from self-motivated individuals who have a desire to complete a 12 month Business Administration Traineeship which includes undertaking studies towards a Certificate III in Business Administration.
The successful Business trainee candidate, will provide administrative support which will include but not be limited to duties such as:
• Providing a high level of customer service to visitors, parents and students face to face, answering email and phone enquiries
• Data entry and filing
• Distribution of mail
• Cash handling and receipting
• Maintaining meeting room facilities
• Maintaining office and stationery
• Administering First Aid to students
• Undertaking the Business Administration qualification (you will complete your study within work hours)
This is a full-time entry level trainee position and the successful candidate will be fully trained in all areas required. Ideally the successful applicant will have:
• A desire to serve our College community
• Effective communication skills including verbal and written
• Excellent presentation and grammar
• Attention to detail
• Customer service skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team
• Excellent organisational and multi-tasking skills
• Prior experience using Microsoft Office
This role is an excellent opportunity to acquire valuable work experience, earn while you learn and obtain a nationally recognised qualification. No qualifications are required as the relevant training will be provided. Those with qualifications of Certificate 3 or above (including university graduates) need not apply.
Applicants must complete the Non-Teacher Application in the Employment section on the Groves Christian College website, groves.christian.college and submit it together with a resume and covering letter to the attention of the Community Services Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close Wednesday, December 11.
Community Services Manager