The bunting is up, and our College is looking bright and colourful as we complete final preparations for the Groves Community Fair on Saturday. Our aim is to have a great day together as students, families, friends and staff come together for our once a year community event.
Some last minute details before the Fair:
- Cake competition and Wearable Art entries can be delivered to the MPC between 8am-9am on Friday, August 2.
- The office at campus 1 and campus 2 is open until 3.45pm on Friday to take orders for your armband at the pre-purchase price of $31 each.
- On the day, armbands will be $35 each, single tickets $6 each and a bundle of 4 tickets at $20.
- The Prep’s would love any donations of baked goods such as cakes, cookies/biscuits, cupcakes, fudge, or anything sweet. Please ensure your donations are packed in air-tight, disposable packaging, including a list of the ingredients. These can be delivered to Campus 1 office at any time during office hours on Friday, August 2. You can also drop off on Saturday before the fair between 11am-12pm to the Uniform Shop.
Some helpful information for on the day of the Fair:
- The fair opens at 1pm. Main entry will be through the Foundation Phase undercover gates.
- Resticted parking at the front of B block (inside Laughlin St parking) is available for Department of Transport Permit holders. B block drop off zone will be in action to allow Limited Mobility drop offs only.
- If there is any issue related to the Fair on the day that you need assistance with, please come to the Information Desk or speak with one of our friendly staff on duty.
- Review the conditions of entry on the Event Program booklet and signage around which are designed to promote a great day for the community.
- Limited parking will be available on campus 1 via gate 1 (near the Prep Centre) and along Laughlin St.
Entry to the fair is free with plenty to see and do including participating in the #grovesfair19challenges for a chance at winning a prize. Across the campus there is outdoor seating (look for ‘Eatery’ on event map) for you to relax and enjoy the atmosphere around. Be sure to stay for the countdown to the Fireworks at 6pm with a Year 6 and Drumline performance .
We trust you will enjoy a fun-filled family afternoon out.
For more details go to groves.christian.college/grovesfair19/
Community Services Manager