At Groves, our aim is to foster more than just the academic development of students. We seek to engage in a holistic approach by providing opportunities for physical, social, emotional and spiritual development. One of the ways in which we do this is by providing a range of extracurricular activities for students to be involved in. Research shows that participating in extracurricular activities can have a multitude of benefits such as improved academic performance, broadened perspectives, increased social opportunities, development of essential life skills such as team work and time management, higher self-esteem and increased opportunities beyond school.
Groves offers a range of extracurricular activities for students to be a part of. An example of some of these are listed below.
- Interschool and District Sporting Teams (Basketball, Netball, Volleyball, Touch Football, Rugby League, Soccer, Futsal)
- Cheer Club
- Chapel Band
- Lunch time clubs (Bible study, STEM, 3D Printing, On stage – Performing arts, Boardgames, Creative writing)
- Instrumental lessons (Piano, violin, singing, percussion)
We celebrate the gifts and talents that God has blessed each student with by participating in events such as local competitions, assemblies, fairs and showcases. To celebrate with us, keep an eye on the calendar and join us for some of our exciting upcoming events.
- Year 7 Canberra trip: 19th – 23rd August
- Twilight Open Evening: 27th August
- Primary Musical “Happily Forever After”: 28th – 29th August
- Father’s Day Chapel: 30th August (information coming soon)
‘Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.’ 1 Peter 4:10
Head of Students – Middle Phase