Primary and Secondary Athletics Carnivals will both be taking place early next term primarily on Wednesday, May 1 and Thursday, May 2 respectively. These carnivals will be starting at 8:40am after students have been to home class to be marked off. As with all our major sporting events, we want to see our students participate and succeed, our families enjoy themselves and our College flourish.
As we continue to prepare for this event, I would like to encourage students to ensure they know what age group they are in, where they need to be and also continue to prepare physically for these days. We would also like to remind students and families of the following:
- This year there will be events held outside of Wednesday, May 1 and Thursday, May 2. Please read carefully the information notes to ensure no events are missed by your child or your family.
- Students will be moving through the day in their age groups, regardless of whether they are competing or not.
- Primary students are asked to attend in their Sports Uniform, or another set of appropriate clothing which matches their house colour. Secondary students have special options this year, explained in the attached note.
- Intermediate Phase students will need to commence their carnival day, Wednesday, May 1, at Campus 1. A shuttle will depart Campus 2 (C2) at 8.20am for students who walk or ride their bicycles to C2.
- Tuckshop will be running from the Top Oval during the day.
- Parents are encouraged to park their vehicles in the parent parking through Gate 1 or Gate 2 of the campus. External street parking is also available on Groves Place and Polaris Avenue
We also want to extend an invitation to families to come and enjoy these days and cheer on your children. The Café will be open both days on Campus 1 so what better reason to cheer on your son or daughter with a hot cup of coffee in hand.
Please see the letters attached for more specific information regarding event and race times.2019 Primary Athletics Carnival Letter 2019 Secondary Athletics Carnival Letter
Director of Sport