On Friday, March 9, students engaged in a performing arts themed Touchdown program run by one of the school’s music teachers, Miss Hannah Grigg. Students learnt a Torres Strait Islander song and dance, sang ‘Morning has Broken’ and learnt to play a Japanese song on glockenspiels.
This week (March 15) we are doing tie dying so please ensure that you bring a plain white t-shirt for your student.
Touchdown is a program that is run by the Enrichment staff for students with additional needs from Prep – Year 12. It is run on Friday mornings (usually fortnightly basis, depending on events) from 9:30am – 11:30am at Campus 2 – 12 Velorum Drive, Kingston. There is no registration needed if you are attending and you simply come to Campus 2 on the day.
The program will often follow a format of:
• Short devotional
• An activity that has links to curriculum areas and provides students with opportunities to develop social skills.
• Morning tea break
• Finish the activity or games etc.
The dates and activities for this term are:
• Week 7 (March 15) – Touchdown – Art – Please provide a plain, white t-shirt as students will be learning how to tie dye their shirts.
• Week 8 (March 22) – No Touchdown
• Week 9 (March 29) – Touchdown – Cooking
• Week 10 (April 5) – No Touchdown – Last day of Term
Please ensure that your student wears closed in shoes and brings a water bottle, a hat and a small, healthy snack for morning tea.
If you have questions regarding Touchdown, please do not hesitate to contact one of our staff.
Julia Horn (Prep – Year 6) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Melissa Dalton (Years 7 and 8) – email@example.com
Sheryl Bergel (Years 9 – 12) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Secondary SWANs teacher