Knowing there is an awesome God who has the power to bring the universe into existence so that we may have life through Him is a foundational truth that enables us to approach each day with purpose and confidence. The writer of Psalm 119 expressed this truth in the following way (119:165), “Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble”. While the term law can be taken negatively in a restrictive manner, the law was given to provide wisdom, love and direction so that people would know how to love God and love each other. Jesus (Matthew 22:37-40) summed up the law by quoting text from the law itself (from the Old Testament passages Deuteronomy 6:5 and Leviticus 19:18) in the following manner:
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Our children have access to so many opposing values today through new technologies so let us hold fast to the wisdom, love and direction that flows from an awesome God who wants the best for us.
- The effort of our Foundation Phase students after their sports day today.
- The good news of Year 12 students gaining full time apprenticeships and traineeships for 2019.
- The successful Chinese trip and their safe return.
- Our Year 12 students as they enter their last term of school. They need to keep focused to complete their work. Some students still need to do extra work to ensure they achieve their QCE (Queensland Certificate of Education) while others need to confirm their plans for 2019.
- Keep reading with your children. Keep sharing stories together even after they can read themselves. Listen to audible stories as you drive in the car.
- DE: Attend the Intermediate Phase swimming carnival (18/10) and the DE Secondary Study Day (24/10)
Head of College