The bunting is up, and our College is looking bright and colourful as we complete final preparations for the Groves Community Fair this Saturday. Our aim is to have a great day as students, families, friends and staff come together for our once a year community event.
Some last minute details before the Fair:
- Cake competition and Wearable Art entries can be delivered to the MPC between 3pm-4pm on Friday, August 3.
- Reception is open until 3:45pm on Friday to take orders for your armband at the pre-purchase price of $30. On the day, armbands will be $35, single tickets $6 each and a bundle of 4 tickets at $20.
- The Preps would love any donations of baked goods such as cakes, cookies/biscuits, cupcakes, fudge, or anything sweet. Please ensure your donations are packed in air-tight, disposable packaging and labelled with ingredients listed. These can be delivered to Campus 1 reception at any time during office hours on Friday, August 3.
Some helpful information for on the day of the Fair:
- Gates will open at 1pm. Entry will be through the Foundation Phase undercover gates.
- Pre-purchased armbands can be collected at the entry to the Fair.
- Our courtesy bus will leave from Campus 2 (via Shiraz Ct) starting at 12:45pm. A continuous loop to include Kingston Railyway station will run on the hour and on the half hour.
- Limited parking at the front of B block is available for Department of Transport Permit holders. B block drop off zone will be in action to allow Limited Mobility drop offs only.
- If there is any issue related to the Fair on the day that you need assistance with, please come to the Information Desk or speak with one of our friendly staff on duty.
- Review the conditions of entry on the Event Program booklet which are designed to promote a great day for the community.
Plenty of free activities to see and do. Participate in the #grovesfair18 Challenges for a chance to win prizes. Sit back in the Groves Eatery whilst listening to performances at the Groves Unplugged stage. Watch Wildcall Wildlife shows and the Ugarapul Aboriginal dancers in the central area. Countdown with Drumline to the Fireworks at 6pm then hop onboard the courtesy bus at 6:30pm for your return to Campus 2 or Kingston Railway station.
We trust you will enjoy a fun-filled family afternoon out.
Community Services Manager