1. First Contact
By visiting our website you have been able to obtain information that is applicable to your child’s schooling at Groves Christian College. Before you apply to the College you need to ensure you are willing to commit to the College in the following ways:
- Educationally, by being an active partner in the education of your child.
- Financially, in the timely payment of fees and levies.
- Respectfully, ensuring our ethos and purpose is promoted and maintaining positive relationships by speaking with staff members about issues and concerns through the correct channels.
- Prayerfully, in positively praying for your children, class, teachers and school.
Students need to:
- Agree to participate and seek to contribute positively to the life of the College. This commitment increases with age.
College obligations and options for dependants, including school fees, are available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Submission of an Enrolment Application
Commencement of formal enrolment process
- Print out International Student Application for Enrolment form
- Complete all details on form
- Sign form
- Scan and email form back to email@example.com
The following documents must accompany the application for enrolment:
- Copies of student report cards from the previous two years of study, including a copy of the latest student report
- A completed Reference Form from the student’s current or most recent School Principal is also required if student report cards do not record student behaviour or commitment to studies
- Appropriate proof of identity and age
- Written evidence of proficiency in English as a second language – please refer to our Entry Requirements Policy for information on accepted English testing scores
- Photocopy or scanned copy of passport page with name, photo identification, passport number and expiry date
- Enrolment Application Fee
- Where documents are not in English, certified translations in English are required, with necessary costs to be met by the applicant.
- An application for enrolment can only be processed when all of the above requirements have been met and all documentation has been received by the International Coordinator.
Receipt of the International Student Application for Enrolment form does not necessarily guarantee entry into the College but is the commencement of the enrolment process.
Any Offer of a Place will be based upon the information provided by you during the enrolment process. In the event that any of this information is subsequently revealed to be inaccurate, false or misleading and the College was induced to make the offer based on the information, the College reserves the right to review the enrolment and may decide to withdraw the offer, or if it has been accepted, terminate the agreement.
If it transpires after enrolment that the education needs of a student are beyond the reasonable capacity of the College to meet, the College may review the enrolment in consultation with you.
Further, if an enrolled student’s behaviour fails to meet the standards of the College, in particular in relation to respect towards others, self-harm or harm to others, the College reserves the right to terminate the agreement.
3. Enrolment Consideration Process
We will consider the information you have provided to determine the educational needs and available resources before an offer is made.
- Potential students may have to undertake testing to determine their language proficiency.
- Students may be advised to undertake an intensive English language course before beginning mainstream studies.
Please note: An intensive English language course will be provided by an external provider. The International Coordinator will be able to advise on the process for an enrolment in such a course.
- Students wishing to enter the College below year 7 level will be assessed individually based on the contents of their report cards and personal references, and may also be required to undertake a language proficiency test set by the College.
- Senior students (Year 10-12) will need a pathway proposal to be designed with the Pathways Coordinator.
4. Formal Interview with a Senior Staff Member
Upon receipt of required information, an interview with the parent and child will be arranged. This process is preferable to take place face to face, but we understand that this is not possible in all cases. Should a face to face interview not be possible we will arrange a time to interview the child and parent via Skype or a Google Hangout.
The purpose of the interview is to discuss the suitability of the College, family and student to each other. We consider the following:
- Education offerings and needs of the child
- Shared values in regards to the ethos of the College
- The commitment of the student to contribute positively to the College community
This interview provides all parties the opportunity to consider these aspects before entering into an educational partnership through a formal contract. Following the interview the College will determine if an enrolment placement will be offered. Likewise, parents will also be able to evaluate the College to determine if what the College offers is suitable for their family and the learning needs of their child.
5. Securing a Placement
Following the interview, the College will notify you to confirm if a placement is offered or not.
To secure any offer of placement, the family will need to:
- Sign and return the Acceptance of Enrolment/Written Agreement and arrange for fees to be paid as per the invoice provided with the Offer of a Place.
- Prior to accepting the Offer of a Place please check all contact details on the Acceptance of Enrolment/Written Agreement and ensure detailed information about any medical conditions or learning needs has been provided.
On receipt of a completed and signed Acceptance of Enrolment/Written Agreement and payment of fees, Groves Christian College will issue a Confirmation of Enrolment for the student’s visa application.
6. Final Steps
Following the process detailed above the College will issue you with a receipt and an International Student Handbook along with information regarding your commencement date and a copy of the signed Written Agreement.
We would like to thank you for considering our College for your child’s education. Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact the International Coordinator on (07) 3380 5868 or email firstname.lastname@example.org