Valuable but Affordable
Providing a Groves values based Christian education opportunity for your child is a valuable life choice to bless him or her with. Enabling opportunities for students to form firm foundations for life now and into eternity is one we are committed to. Therefore, to help make this valuable experience available to those who seek it we deliberately keep our fees affordable by:
- Maintaining our clear not-for-profit focus – any operational surplus funds are reinvested into the school facilities to further enhance educational opportunities
- Only charging for a maximum of two students from any one family
- Adding value into the fees. For example:
- Camps (including our Year 7 Canberra trip) are included in fees
- Our 1:1 quality computer supplied to secondary students on loan comes at no additional hire fee
- Compulsory field trips are included
- Sports transport to regular competitions is included.
1. First Contact
We welcome and promote general enquiries from families regarding enrolments throughout the year. Families are encouraged to be included on a College information tour. During the information tour families are welcome to have an informal chat or if more than one family is touring to have an informal chat at the conclusion of the tour.
It is important to know that the College is a learning community made up of supportive families seeking quality schooling within the Christian faith tradition. Families that are willing to commit to the College as outlined below should apply to have their children enrol.
If it is a number of years before your child is due to start at Groves, please keep in contact with us through our Pre-enrolment Form. We will contact you early in the year prior to your child starting school to commence the formal enrolment process.
Families need to commit to the College in the following ways.
- Educationally, in being an active partner in the education of their children.
- Financially, in the timely payment of fees and levies.
- Socially, in helping build up our College community for the benefit of our children and young people, by speaking positively and helping out occasionally as time permits.
- Respectfully, ensuring our ethos and purpose is promoted and maintaining positive relationships by speaking with staff members about issues and concerns through the correct channels.
- Prayerfully, in positively praying for their children, class, teachers and school.
- Additionally, parents may wish to help out on a regular basis as a volunteer.
Students need to:
- Agree to participate and seek to contribute positively to the life of the College. This commitment increases with age.
2. Submission of an Enrolment Application (Commencement of formal enrolment process)
Documentation required to be provided by you include:
- Application of enrolment form
- Child’s birth certificate (other official documents may be used if no birth certificate is fine if posting your documents to us otherwise we can copy your documents here for you.
- Recent reports and educationally relevant documentation.
- There is no enrolment application fee at Groves Christian College. (There is an enrolment confirmation fee that you pay to secure any enrolment placement offered to your child later in the process: this fee is credited to your account, that is, is goes towards your school fees).
- Please note; the application includes a Government required Standard Data Collection common to all Australian schools.
Enrolment Application Form
3. Enrolment Consideration Process
We will consider the information you have provided to allow the families and the College to determine educational need and available resources before an offer is made.
- Potential students may have to undertake testing so that the student’s education needs maybe audited along with a review of report cards etc.
- Depending on results or the information contained in the application, some students may be required to undergo further testing before their enrolment application can proceed.
- In some situations external consultant reports may be required. Families may incur costs gaining these reports.
- Senior Students (Year 10-12) will need pathway proposal to be designed with the Pathways Coordinator.
4. Formal Interview with a Senior Staff Member
Once enough information is available for us to determine the educational need of the proposed student, an interview with the family and the child will be arranged. This process is usually completed well in advance for main entry point applications; however, we understand and aim to support new families seeking to enrol their children during the year if possible.
The purpose of the interview is to discuss the suitability of the College, Family and Student to each other. We consider the:
- Educational offerings and needs of the children.
- Shared values in regards to the ethos of the College.
- Financial, social and cooperation commitment of parents to the College.
- The commitment of the student to contribute positively to the College community.
This discussion gives all parties the opportunity to consider these aspects before entering into an educational partnership through a formal contract. Following the interview the College will determine if an enrolment placement will be offered. Likewise, parents will also be able to evaluate the College to determine if what the College offers is suitable for their family and the learning needs of their children.
Following the interview, the College will notify you to confirm if a placement is offered or not.
Securing a Placement
To secure any offer of placement, the family will need to:
- submit a signed enrolment contract with the College
- submit other required documents (eg Medical, Birth Certificate)
- pay the enrolment confirmation fee. This is a non-refundable payment that will be credited to your school account.
6. Final Steps
Following these actions the College will issue you with a receipt and information letter letting you know the next steps, including commencement date and a copy of the signed enrolment contract.
We would like to thank you for considering our College for your child’s education. As an overview please see the last page which shows the flow of our enrolment process, and will help you to know where you are up to in that process. Should you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact the Registrar on( 07) 3827 6500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org