Pentecost P-12 Chapel
The Pentecost P-12 Chapel brought glory to God through the marvellous talents He has bestowed within our learning community. For many of the students this was their first public performance, but you would never have known with item after item taking us through a journey of discovery and reflection. Outstanding effort and performance.
At the beginning of 2017 we set out to lift the profile of Arts within the College. I am excited to see how quickly the students and staff have grown in confidence. Along with the artistic work I acknowledge the technical stage, sound and video team of students and staff presenting our performers professionally. In a world where a spirit of mediocrity exits, it is exciting to witness and be around those that share a spirit of excellence.
Our vision is to see young men and women with loving hearts and strong minds for God shine like stars as they pursue His purpose now and into eternity. People of integrity (encompassing being diligent, faithful, striving for personal best with a spirit of excellence) shine like stars in this broken world. God’s Word reminds us:
- Whatever you do, work at it wholeheartedly as though you were doing it for the Lord and not merely for people (Colossians 3:23).
- The integrity of the upright guides them, but the unfaithful are destroyed by their duplicity (Proverbs 11:3).
On Friday, we had so many shining stars on and off the stage. Thank you to everyone involved. Special thanks to our Director of Arts, Mrs Kialyn Wassenberg, for her creative direction along with bringing the students and staff together for these special events.
Mary Poppins the Musical
Since the announcement of Mary Poppins, staff, students and volunteers have been investing many hours in the rehearsal and preparation for our biggest musical production ever at Groves. Very soon we will release tickets for the three-night season. We have priced the tickets so that as many of our community can attend as a family to enjoy a special night out. To ensure a quality experience for the audience we are only using a portion of the MPC to keep people close to the action.
NAPLAN Follow Up
The students worked diligently on their NAPLAN tests last week. At Groves we do not sacrifice our holistic approach to drill students for NAPLAN. We believe the key skills in literacy and numeracy are best taught through a rich learning environment. One where children are:
- Taught to think, relate and discover the truth about God, themselves, people and the world.
- Supported and strengthened through appropriate challenges to develop life giving beliefs and values as they work towards their personal best knowing that God loves them.
- Helped to enjoy a full life now, and into eternity through developing their gifts and talents to serve and positively influence others.
Head of College